Wednesday, September 22, 2010

blog assignment #14: Media

          Media Crossing the line
            
           Over the years Media has gone from bad to worse. When many celebrities are asked how they feel about the littlest things about them being on magazines they simply say, "It comes with the price of being famous." I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard that, then I'd be a million air. The paparazzi are wrong for swarming around people, famous or not. They have been miles away from the road of privacy for years. It aggravates me that they can get away with this, and sleep at night KNOWING they are ruining peoples lives. 


                In many stories you may say in magazines are mostly just half the truth. A while back Miley Cryus was eating french fries from McDonald's and the paparazzi claimed she was getting "fat." In my opinion that is crossing the line and is just slap that too much. In the media business they act as though privacy isn't in their dictionary, and I think it isn't in their dictionary. If someone famous gets arrested, say Lindsey Lohan, after  about two minutes its in the papers, Internet, and every body's cell phones. 


               Privacy is not respected in the media one bit. Back when Jon and Kate, from Jon and Kate plus 8, where still together rumors where that he was cheating. It's not fair that their kids have to see that on the computer, TV, and even in magazines. The media was all over them talking about them getting a divorce, long before they talked about one. Even though what Jon did was wrong, I don't think it was right to put it in magazines and what not. This just proves paparazzi will do anything and everything to get a story out. True or not.


               I'd for sure say we live in a media frenzied world. Everyone buying the magazines to read the gossip.The media just blows things up and make them bigger than they seem. Like when Miley Cyrus was wearing short shorts, not that I approve, they wear calling her bad things. You can walk out in the street and see girls with shorter shorts than Miley has. Girls who even wear shorter shorts than Miley start talking about how she went over the line with that. The only person who is going over the line is the media.


           The media are accountable for their actions. It's not like their hands accidental slip on the key board and starts "accidental" writing this stuff. They are accountable for their actions and they know it. I'm, again I say, still not sure how they sleep at night knowing all they have done. They turn good people into monsters. Before all the gossip and stories about Lindsey Lohan I think she was a pretty good actress and going in a good direction. Media makes money of off other people's sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment