3)New York Times best sellers
Percy Jackson and the Olympians
The Percy Jackson and the Olympians is currently number four on the children's series best seller list for New York times. The books are right behind the Harry Potter books, which is behind The Hunger Games, and which The Diary of a Wimpy kid took home the first place prize. The book is by R
ick Riordane. It says ages 9-12, but currently I disagree with that. I think this book can be enjoyed by people of all ages, well not the young lads and lasses.
The book is about a young boy named Percy who finds out he is a half blood, half human half Greek god, and his father is god of the sea. (Which makes him be able to breath under water.) He has to go to camp half blood where he will be kept away from monsters and such. He meets a satyr named Grover, Luke, and Annabeth. Luke turns over to the Titan gods and becomes evil, and Annabeth and Percy start liking each other. All along the series they go on adventures saving the world and the Olympians. Each book they find themselves in more trouble, but use their power and friendship to get them out. Luke gives his body over to Kronose, and Percy is afraid Annabeth will be too scared to fight Luke when the world depends on it. Will they save Olympus, or will the Titan gods take over?
Percy Jackson books are fun to read, and can be read by people pf all ages I say. I am a few chapters away from finishing the last book, which makes me sad. These books are funny and entertaining to read. It has a spark of romance in a few parts though. If I where you and I didn't read these books yet, I would go purchase (or borrow) these books, and then read them.


No comments:
Post a Comment